Woo Hoo - Thrilled with the finished project.
Quite a while ago I made a seat from a bed head and end. But I just had a pile of cushions on it for comfort.
At the Op Shop (Thrift store) I found a really good condition, thick foam cot mattress. I could immediately see that this would work as a cushion for the seat I made, with a new cover.
About 20cm had to be cut off the end to make it fit. Then as per usual, I procrastinated about recovering it. No reason as I knew I would make a patchwork cover using all the furnishing fabric scraps I had.
So it sat looking like this for ages.
|The finished cover.|
Just a little bit of sewing required (well it took me about two hours all up) to make the patchwork top and then turn it into a box cover. It is removeable so I can wash it. The underside is just one material - an old Laura Ashley furnishing fabric that I picked up from somewhere.
Linking up to these place and crazy mum quilts and Sew, Stitch, Snap and Share
This uses the scraps from other projects like my hall seat and my ironing board cover. This did not use all the fabric ends I had in furnishing weight. So need to think of another project!!